ATTORNEYS AT LAW
Lissa Oshei has dedicated her practice to advising and counseling employers. She routinely advises employers in a variety of industries and sectors, including financial institutions, agriculture, construction, health care, professional services, and hospitality, as well as some of the region’s largest special districts.
Lissa combines sound business judgment with her expertise in employment law. She counsels employers on all aspects of employment law, from hiring through termination. She advises on wage and hour issues, leaves of absence under the FMLA/CFRA/PDL, disability accommodations under the ADA/FEHA, hiring and EEO issues, employee discipline, and terminations. She has conducted numerous workplace investigations as a neutral investigator, and she has experience managing outside investigations conducted by third parties. She has drafted trade secret and confidentiality agreements and advised employers on best practices for safeguarding confidential information. Lissa has also represented employers in matters before administrative agencies, such as the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and Cal/OSHA.
“I advise employers on the law and counsel them on how to comply with it. I partner with management to avoid employment problems or solve them with practical, business-minded solutions.”
I love traveling and exploring new places, near and far. Closer to home, my family and I enjoy hiking with our two energetic dogs.
- Development of employee handbooks, employee severance agreements, compensation plans, executive employment agreements, and employment policies and procedures.
- Counsel in structuring and implementing reductions in force.
- Development of trade secret and confidentiality agreements.
- Conducting audits of employment practices, including wage & hour and pay practices.
- Investigator for claims of gender discrimination, unequal pay, sexual harassment, race discrimination, and retaliation against both public and private employers.
- Development of COVID-19 policies, practices, and procedures to comply with rapidly changing legal obligations, particularly regarding employee safety and leaves of absence.
- Management of complex disability and medical leave situations.
Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star for Employment and Labor, 2021-2022
Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyer, 2021
Editor in Chief, MSU Law Journal of Business & Securities Law
Williams Institute Moot Court Competition Team, National Quarterfinalist (2013 and 2014)
Stokes-Hoffman Scholarship Recipient for demonstrated commitment to LGBT community
Professional Associations and Memberships
Board Member, Women Lawyers of Sacramento
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section
Board Member, Folsom Cordova Community Partnership