Does this sound familiar to you? You’re assigned a mentor you have little in common with or never hear from. You’re surrounded by boxes and spend hour after hour looking through documents. You’ve waited years to meet the client for whom you’ve been working. While this may sound familiar to new attorneys at other law firms, it’s not the experience new attorneys have at Boutin Jones. We don’t just talk about mentoring programs—we spend time developing associates because we enjoy it and it’s the right thing to do. We are the ideal size to make sure associates have engaging work and learn from more experienced attorneys. We aren’t afraid to let associates work directly with our clients. If you’re not sure all that is possible, we invite you to speak with one of our associates.
Delivering for Clients
Law School Recruiting
We participate in on-campus interviewing for
- University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- University of California, UC Berkeley School of Law
- University of California, Hastings School of Law
Examples of work assignments from an actual first year attorney:
- Vacation/sick leave/etc.
- Wide variety of different health plans to choose from, and a contribution toward premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Bonus program with both subjective and non-subjective components
- Discretionary profit sharing plan
- Short and long term disability
- Long term care insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee parking/transportation allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Dependent care account
- Bar expenses
- Up to $5,000 of bar-exam expenses
Litigation Associate Attorney
Boutin Jones is looking for a mid-level associate attorney with 3—5 years’ experience in civil litigation. Candidates should have a strong work ethic and desire to provide superior legal services as well as an ability to relate to a wide variety of clients. We seek team players who show long-term business development potential to join our firm where there is real opportunity for partnership.
Admitted to the State Bar of California.
- Strong academic credentials, including J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- Exceptional writing skills
- Commitment to the Sacramento Region.
We strive to create a positive work environment with interesting legal work. Our litigation group gives associates early opportunities to become involved in a broad range of roles and tasks within a case and offers exceptional levels of responsibility that are not routinely available at law firms of our size.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and law school transcript to Michael Chase, Hiring Shareholder at firstname.lastname@example.org.