CAREERS AT BOUTIN JONES
Does this sound familiar to you? You’re assigned a mentor you have little in common with or never hear from. You’re surrounded by boxes and spend hour after hour looking through documents. You’ve waited years to meet the client for whom you’ve been working. While this may sound familiar to new attorneys at other law firms, it’s not the experience new attorneys have at Boutin Jones. We don’t just talk about mentoring programs—we spend time developing associates because we enjoy it and it’s the right thing to do. We are the ideal size to make sure associates have engaging work and learn from more experienced attorneys. We aren’t afraid to let associates work directly with our clients. If you’re not sure all that is possible, we invite you to speak with one of our associates.
We participate in on-campus interviewing for
- University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- University of California, UC Berkeley School of Law
- University of California, Hastings School of Law
- Vacation/sick leave/etc.
- Wide variety of different health plans to choose from, and a contribution toward premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Bonus program with both subjective and non-subjective components
- Discretionary profit sharing plan
- Short and long term disability
- Long term care insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee parking/transportation allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Dependent care account
- Up to $5,000 of bar-exam expenses
"I had heard about Boutin Jones when I was in law school. I’d heard they treat people well and give lawyers challenging work. I love it here. They've lived up to their reputation."
Current associate at Boutin Jones
Employment Law Mid-Level Associate Attorney
Boutin Jones Inc. is looking for an attorney with three or more years of employment law experience to join its dynamic Employment Law Practice Group. Candidates will have a strong work ethic, commitment to excellence, and passion for employment law. We seek candidates with experience in employment advice/counsel, and/or employment litigation. Experience handling wage and hour class action and PAGA litigation is preferred but not required.
If you are interested in joining the region’s preeminent employment law practice group, have a strong desire to focus your practice exclusively on employment law, and meet the qualifications below, we would very much like to hear from you:
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Strong academic performance from an ABA accredited law school
- Three or more years of experience in employment law
- Dedication to excellence in the practice of law
- Passion to practice exclusively in the areas of employment law advice and counsel and/or employment litigation
- Commitment to superior client service.
Salaries for associate attorneys are based on years of experience. The salary range for the levels of experience referenced herein is $140,000 – $167,500. Boutin Jones has a hybrid remote work policy that permits attorneys to work remotely up to two days per week in most circumstances. We also have generous benefits including 401(k) matching, profit sharing, objective and subjective annual bonuses, parental leave, medical, dental and vision insurance and more.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, writing samples, and law school transcripts with a cover letter to Gregory Philipp, Hiring Shareholder at Recruiting@BoutinJones.com.
Trusts and Estates Attorney
Boutin Jones is looking for an attorney to join its trusts and estates practice. We are seeking candidates who have extensive experience with managing the post-death administration process with significant court experience in probate administration and conservatorships, as well as an interest in helping families develop estate plans. Experience with high net worth planning and transfer tax planning is preferred but not required. This position is for an attorney who is able to manage and develop their own estate planning practice and can provide significant probate and conservatorship support for our team.
- Admitted to the California Bar
- J.D. or LL.M. from ABA accredited law school
- Significant court experience in probate administration and conservatorships required
- Estate planning experience required
- Attention to detail and commitment to superior client service
- Commitment to the Sacramento Region
We work in a collaborative and team oriented environment to achieve the best solutions for our clients, many of whom are business owners and high net worth individuals. The salary range for this position is $140,000 – $190,000, based on level of experience. Boutin Jones has a hybrid remote work policy that permits attorneys to work remotely up to two days per week in most circumstances. We also have generous benefits including 401(k) matching, profit sharing, objective and subjective annual bonuses, parental leave, medical, dental and vision insurance and more. If you are interested in joining our estate planning practice, please email a cover letter, resume, and law school transcript to Gregory Philipp, Hiring Shareholder at Recruiting@BoutinJones.com.