One of our proudest accomplishment as a law firm is the work environment we’ve created. The values we apply to our workday—and the fun we have together—have been consistent since day one. Combined with a progressive benefits package, engaging work and smart business decisions, our law firm stands out among its competition. At Boutin Jones you’ll find the perfect balance of professional growth opportunities, challenging work, good friends, and fun.
The way we mix hard work with enjoyment isn’t overly complicated. It’s a genuine expression of how much we enjoy working together. Yet even while we love taking over the homerun terrace for a Rivercats game and going on our annual family hike, it’s as rewarding knowing our benefits package is the equal of nearly all regional law firms. Some of the best things about working at Boutin Jones are the creative ways we have fun together—but we don’t make them a substitute for professional fulfillment. We think one without the other sounds just a bit too much like other law firms.
Tax Associate Attorney
Boutin Jones Inc., a Sacramento business law firm, has an opening for a tax attorney with substantial experience in analyzing and advising clients with respect to tax implications of corporate merger and acquisition structures, partnership formation, allocations, operations and liquidations, and real estate taxation. The position includes supporting other practice groups in the firm regarding tax issues in real estate transactions, corporate transactions, and litigation. We believe a great tax attorney needs to work on transactions, not only pure tax issues, so the position involves structuring and handling transactions.
If you are interested in applying your talents to interesting and challenging transactions, looking for better work-life balance and have the qualifications listed below, we’d like to hear from you.
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Strong academic performance from a top-ranked law school
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Recruiting@BoutinJones.com, using Tax Associate Attorney in the subject line.
Real Estate Transactional Associate Attorney
Boutin Jones Inc. is seeking a transactional associate to join its Real Estate Practice Group. The Real Estate Practice Group works closely as a team in a collaborative environment. An associate attorney who joins our group can expect to practice closely with the group’s shareholders on large and complex real estate transactions, including acquisitions and sales, leasing, land development and merchant builder transactions, construction and finance. For examples of some of the projects that we have worked on, see the Boutin Jones Real Estate Portfolio.
The firm provides professional development opportunities for associate attorneys interested in becoming shareholders of the firm. Candidates should have at least two years of significant commercial real estate transactional experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking, smart individual who enjoys private, transactional practice and is committed to serving clients’ needs.
We are proud of the work environment we have created and the high level of service we provide to our clients. Our firm offers a progressive and competitive benefits package, a challenging and engaging work environment, a leadership team that makes smart business decisions, and a collection of dedicated, smart attorneys committed to serving our clients. At Boutin Jones, you will find the perfect balance of professional growth opportunities, challenging work, and friendly colleagues. If you currently reside outside the Sacramento area, we think you will find that Sacramento is an affordable and great place to live.
Boutin Jones offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes a generous 401(k) plan, a wide variety of health plans, a bonus program which rewards performance on both objective and subjective bases and more.
- At least two years of transactional real estate “deal” experience
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong work ethic and client focus
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Licensed to practice law in California
Interested candidates should submit their resumes, writing samples, and law school transcripts with a cover letter to Iain Mickle at email@example.com, using Real Estate Attorney in the subject line. Boutin Jones prefers direct application candidates as opposed to candidates utilizing outside recruiters.
We have an opening for a bright, motivated and enthusiastic individual interested in joining our corporate and securities group as a paralegal. We offer an excellent work environment and the opportunity to work closely with attorneys in the firm and our senior corporate paralegal. We are a leading Sacramento law firm doing sophisticated corporate and securities work for a wide variety of clients. If you have the qualifications listed below, we’d like to hear from you.
Boutin Jones offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes a generous 401(k) plan, a wide variety of health plans, and free parking.
Applicants must satisfy one of the following three requirements of California Business and Professions Code Section 6540(c):
(1) A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association; or
(2) A certificate of completion of a paralegal program at, or a degree from, a post-secondary institution that requires the successful completion of a minimum of 24 semester, or equivalent, units in law-related courses and that has been accredited by a national or regional accrediting organization or approved by the Bureau for Private Post-secondary and Vocational Education; or
(3) A baccalaureate degree or an advanced degree in any subject, a minimum of one year of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney who has been an active member of the State Bar of California for at least the preceding three years or who has practiced in the federal courts of this state for at least the preceding three years, and a written declaration from this attorney stating that the person is qualified to perform paralegal tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Positive attitude
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Patricia Ocampo at firstname.lastname@example.org, using Corporate Paralegal in the subject line.
Estate Planning Legal Secretary
Boutin Jones Inc. has an opening for an Estate Planning Legal Secretary. Applicant must have five+ years of experience as a legal secretary, three of which will have come as an estate planning secretary or paralegal in a law office or law-related office. Experience in estate planning, trust and probate administration recommended. Must have computer skills to meet standards of accuracy and speed set by this office. Spelling, grammar and punctuation must be exceptional. Completion of at least 2 years of college or vocational school helpful.
The candidate will have a team spirit attitude, be able to meet and communicate with individuals pleasantly and represent the law office in an efficient, professional manner. Must be a team player with willingness to help with coverage.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio helpful.
Working knowledge of HotDocs helpful.
Document Management System (comparable to OpenText eDocs).
Document comparison software (comparable to Delta View/Workshare®).
Time Entry software.
Electronic Calendaring and Docketing.
Adobe / PDF Pro
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties.
- Processes mail daily.
- Handles phone calls for attorneys.
- Responds to and generates email messages.
- Transcribes from dictation.
- Drafts routine correspondence and documents on own initiative for approval by attorneys.
- Schedules appointments and other events.
- Receives clients arriving for appointments (including beverages).
- Maintains electronic calendar for attorneys and self.
- Enters attorneys’ time electronically.
- Makes travel arrangements, hotel reservations and continuing education registrations for attorneys.
- Familiarity with law libraries.
- Familiarity with Courts, primarily Probate Division, Secretary of State and County Recorder filing procedures and requirements.
- Performs conflicts checks.
- Familiarity with Judicial Council forms for probate proceedings.
- Familiarity with estate planning document preparation.
- Familiarity with probate and trust administration procedures.
- Opens New Client / Matters in accordance with firm procedure.
- Creates and maintains files, keeps records and prepares reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as required
- Computer running Microsoft Windows Operating System
- ShoreTel Phone System
- Transcription software
- Postage Meter and Scale
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Patricia Ocampo at email@example.com, using Estate Planning Legal Secretary in the subject line.