Careers Professional Staff
CAREERS AT BOUTIN JONES
Friendly, professional, responsive, honest, fair, open . . . those are words used to describe the Boutin Jones culture. What’s the best way to judge whether those words are real values in our workplace? Notice how infrequently employees leave the firm. You won’t find a lower attrition rate in our region. We’ve created a comfortable, stable, challenging and professionally rewarding environment with a group of staff members we believe are outstanding.
The admiration seems to be mutual. We’ve been nominated—by our employees—as a Best Place to Work ten out of the last twelve years. That means at least 75% of our workforce took the time to fill out surveys letting the Sacramento Business Journal know they like working at Boutin Jones. We do our best to return the compliment each and every day.
"The Boutin Jones law firm reminds me of how law firms used to be. They are family-oriented, they care about employees, and everybody helps each other. It’s just a nice place to work."
Legal secretary at Boutin Jones
Boutin Jones Inc. is looking for a receptionist to perform various reception and administrative duties as outlined below. This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits. Interested applicants should send their resumes to Recruiting@BoutinJones.com.
This position requires a friendly, helpful personality. You must be able to interact well with clients, staff and management.
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director:
• Maintains a pleasant and professional appearance.
• Greets and directs visitors.
• Handles all incoming calls.
• Keeps reception area and main conference rooms neat.
• Replaces newspapers and periodicals in reception area daily.
• Performs clerical duties: general correspondence; set up files, update Excel spreadsheets.
• Maintains online calendar for conference room scheduling.
• Maintains fax machine, distributes electronic inbound faxes.
• Distributes priority messages.
• Maintains log for deliveries.
• Serve as backup for Office Services Support staff maintaining kitchen cleanliness (make coffee, rinse dirty dishes, empty coffeemakers, etc.).
• Basic clerical/computer skills
• Beginning/Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Telephone answering skills
• Ability to maintain discretion
• High School diploma
Floater Litigation Secretary
This full-time position requires a high school diploma with five+ years of experience, three of which will have come as a litigation secretary or paralegal in a law office or law-related office. Must have computer skills to meet standards of accuracy and speed set by this office. Spelling, grammar and punctuation must be exceptional. Basic ability in math and report keeping needed. Completion of at least 2 years of college or vocational school is helpful, but not required.
The candidate will have a team spirit attitude, be able to meet and communicate with individuals pleasantly and represent the law office in an efficient, professional manner. Must be a team player with the willingness to help with coverage.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of State and Federal Rules of Court and California Code of Civil Procedure.
- Proficient knowledge of Court E-filing requirements.
- Familiar with Court, Secretary of State and County Recorder filing procedures and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with document management systems (comparable to OpenText eDocs (formerly known as Hummingbird DM).
- Document comparison software (comparable to Delta View/Workshare®).
- Document formatting software (comparable to Litera Innova or Legal MacPac).
- PDF software, such as Adobe or Foxit.
- Scanning/OCR software.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties.
- Works closely with litigation staff.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of files and document indices.
- Create pleading shells.
- Create and format pleading table of authorities and table of contents.
- Responds to and generates email messages.
- Transcribes from dictation.
- Perfects documents for court filing; files and effects notice as required.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Computer running Microsoft Windows Operating System
- ShoreTel Phone System
- Transcription Software
- Postage meter and mail scale
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits. Highly organized, detail-oriented and dependable candidates should send their resume to Recruiting@BoutinJones.com.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Specialist will perform mid to advanced-level IT support and assist in the administration and operation of a broad range of network hardware and software.
Boutin Jones is one of the top law firms in the Sacramento area. We are a close-knit team that offers a friendly work environment and excellent benefits including paid parking. We are located near Downtown Commons and the Golden One Arena.
Key responsibilities will include connecting and supporting the computing environment; setting up new equipment; assisting with videoconferencing, telephone, voicemail, email, mobile phones; printers, copiers and faxes; desktop and laptop computers; Microsoft Exchange Server (adding new accounts); Microsoft Active Directory (user groups and permissions); mid to advanced-level Microsoft Excel use; installation of new software and upgrades; and end user support.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred or certificate in a computer-related field and a minimum of five (5) years similar work experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Communicate professionally and effectively using both verbal and written instructions
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of most recent Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Installation and configuration of desktop computers, laptops and other related equipment
- Experience with Zoom or other videoconferencing providers
- Mobile device setup and support
- Hardware and software maintenance including upgrades
- Availability to respond to or assist with after-hours issues
- Ability to handle boxes or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Additional helpful skills:
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with email security solutions
- Experience with WiFi connectivity
- Familiarity with multi-line telephone systems
- Experience in posting to website, intranet site, and blogs
- Experience with Citrix XenApp
- Prior experience in a law firm setting
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Cheri Blethen at ITAdmin@boutinjones.com.