ATTORNEYS AT LAW
Michael G. Cross
Michael Cross’s practice includes business litigation and counseling, with an emphasis on employee mobility, restrictive covenants and trade secrets. He has experience in all aspects of litigation, from filing complaints and motions for injunctive relief on short order, to securing dismissal of claims on the pleadings. Mr. Cross has litigated cases through summary judgment and has extensive experience handling matters on appeal.
“I help businesses avoid and resolve disputes, including counseling clients on how legal and regulatory risks may impact their business goals. I have extensive and diverse litigation experience representing businesses in employment, commercial, employee mobility and intellectual property disputes, among others, ranging from single plaintiff to multistate class actions. Although I do my best to resolve disputes without resorting to litigation, there are times litigation becomes necessary—either to protect a client’s interests or because negotiations have reached an impasse. In litigation, I quickly assemble key facts and creatively apply the law to achieve the best client outcomes possible.”
I enjoy visiting client businesses to gain a deeper insight into how their businesses operate. Doing so has often provided critical information that has proven key to getting great results for clients.
- Multiple matters representing plaintiffs seeking to protect trade secrets from unauthorized possession, use and disclosure.
- Obtained injunctive relief for clients following former employees’ creation of competing business in violation of employment agreements.
- Advised multiple clients during pre-employment due diligence about the risks involved in hiring competitor’s employees whose employment agreements contain noncompete agreements.
- Successfully defended national client in multiple sex-based discrimination arbitrations.
- Successfully defended client in negligence action connected with employee’s spouse.
- Successfully opposed class certification motions in federal courts.
Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013 – 2020
Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyer 2016 – 2018