ATTORNEYS AT LAW
“I practice real estate and construction law. I tend to work on large commercial real estate transactions and public and private construction projects.”
Jarrod Burch’s practice focuses on real estate and business law with particular emphasis on secured transactions and commercial finance, public and private construction contracting, consumer finance and financial institutions.
“There is a lot more activity and optimism in the Sacramento market than there was a few years ago. It’s comforting to see that level of interest in the area and the growth potential moving forward.”
It’s important to take ownership of the work that you do. In the real estate and construction industry, you have to produce a work product that you are prepared to stand by.
- Advise clients on matters related to secured transactions, including security interest perfection, anti-deficiency laws, guarantor issues, judicial and non-judicial foreclosure, and other lender enforcement actions and issues.
- Assist public and private clients in real estate purchase and sale transactions, including transaction documentation, due diligence, options, lease review, entity restructuring, and identifying and resolving issues regarding title and title insurance, financing, and California property and transfer tax matters.
- Represent developers, owners and public entities in connection with public and private construction projects, including requests for proposals (RFPs), invitations for bid, the bid process, bid protests, contracts with design professionals and consultants, and construction contracts for design-build projects and design-bid-build projects.
- Create the structure, documentation and disclosures for consumer loan programs secured by real and/or personal property.
- Advise clients on matters related to usury law and usury exemptions.
- Advise businesses and financial institutions regarding mergers, governance, consumer practices, privacy, and regulatory compliance.
- Advise public and private clients on public contract law matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section and Business Law Section
Board Member and Secretary, Capital Stage Company
Oversight Committee and Finance Committee, Capital Stage Company
Law School Honors: Graduated with Distinction
Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyer, 2020 – 2021