ATTORNEYS AT LAW
Gregory R. Philipp
Gregory R. Philipp’s law practice is focused in commercial real estate transactional matters including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, real property secured financing and title and escrow work.
I don’t remember a time when I didn’t want to practice law. I told friends in elementary school and wrote an essay in ninth grade that I wanted to be a lawyer, and I’m proud that I’ve been able to fulfill that goal.
I started my real estate law practice when the economy was at its worst. That was challenging, but I also saw how a number of our clients got really good deals on property. Several clients I was working with weathered the storm and I helped them do deals that were counter to the prevailing economic winds.
“I practice commercial real estate. Our group handles all kinds of transactions, mostly surrounding purchase, sale, leasing and financing of commercial real property.”
I’m a huge baseball fan and love the Boston Red Sox. I have a life-long goal to visit all major league ballparks, and I’ve been to 15 so far. I hope Dodger Stadium will be my next stop.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented national REIT in acquisition and disposition of numerous retail and office properties.
- Represented homebuilders, property owners and developers in many transactions involving the purchase or sale of land for residential development.
- Represented SAFE Credit Union in its acquisition of a new corporate headquarters building in Folsom, California, and disposition of former headquarters building in North Highlands, California.
- Served as special real estate counsel to the Chapter 11 Trustee in connection with the sale, auction and disposition of the estate’s numerous real property holdings and commercial real estate portfolio in the largest bankruptcy filing in the history of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Eastern District of California.
- Represented Wildlife Heritage Foundation in its acquisition of a 9,200 acre agricultural conservation easement in San Joaquin County.
- Represented Molina Healthcare, Inc. in its $81 million acquisition and financing of the Arco Towers high-rise office project in Long Beach, California.
Real Estate Finance
- Represented a private equity investor in commercial office properties in a management team buyout from Morgan Stanley of multiple joint-venture real estate assets and a $27 million securitized loan financing of the acquisition.
Presented explanation of California’s new energy efficiency disclosure requirement (AB 1103) to bank client.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Leadership Sacramento, Class of 2017
Member, Former Chair and Vice Chair, Sacramento County Bar Real Property Section
Harvard Club of Sacramento
Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017 – 2018
Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyer, 2018