ATTORNEYS AT LAW
“I do general business, bankruptcy and real estate litigation. As part of that, I handle contract disputes, represent lenders/creditors in bankruptcy court and do health care-related litigation. I’m also proud that I’m able to be an important resource to Sacramento’s Arab American community. Because of my fluency in Arabic and being from the Middle East, I’ve been able to help clients who are looking for an Arab-speaking attorney.”
Bashar Ahmad handles all types of civil litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on business healthcare and real estate disputes. He has been the lead attorney on a number of large litigation matters, including cases dealing with complex real estate and healthcare issues.
“For me, practicing law is about interacting with clients and solving their problems. Sometimes my help is as simple as drafting an email and sometimes it’s going to court and prevailing on a motion for a client. Either way, it’s about the satisfaction of knowing you got a good result for a client.”
Outside of work, people know me as a huge 'car guy.' I learned how to rebuild cars as a teenager, and barely a day goes by when I'm not buying tools and tinkering with cars, including my favorites, high performance cars and raised 4X4s.
Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights
- Routinely appear in bankruptcy court on behalf of lenders to seek relief from automatic stay. Also represent clients in court to enforce lenders’ rights and remedies including foreclosing on real property collateral or disposing of personal property collateral under state law.
- Defended lender client in post-foreclosure claims brought by former property owner/borrower on damages of $5 million. Case originated in bankruptcy court and moved to federal court.
- Handled numerous collection cases for breaches of contract after client supplied products to vendors who didn’t pay invoices.
- Represented an international buyer of cell phones against a U.S. seller of cell phones in a breach of contract action.
- Represented buyer of airplane in dispute alleging claims of fraud and rescission of contract.
- Represented plaintiff alleging a conversion claim (wrongful taking of property).
- Represented two clients with claims of over $1 million for breach of contract after a business merger.
- Represented an employer alleging claims against former employees and their new employer for misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Defended property owners and tenants in federal and state courts against complaints alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other anti-discrimination statutes.
- Obtained prejudgment orders of attachment, injunctions and writs of possession in complex commercial cases.
- Represented a hospital in a high stakes arbitration with a health plan over the reasonable value of emergency services provided by the hospital to the health plan’s members.
- Represented a field marketing organization in a dispute against a health insurance plan for failure to pay administrative fees (overrides) and producer compensation on members enrolled Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Represented a medical group in a number of disputes with a capitated health plan, including a dispute over the method of computing the capitated payments owed to the group under the parties’ agreement.
- Represented an employer in a dispute with a hospital over amounts for certain health care services covered under the employer’s federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) plan.
Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013 – 2022
Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyer, 2015 – 2018, 2020 – 2021