With my free time, I enjoy writing songs and playing music. I’m also a big fan of Sacramento’s wealth of sunshine and scenic beauty. As a transplant from Buffalo, NY, I like to remind myself that no matter how hot it gets, I’ll never have to shovel the heat.
Ian K. McGlone
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Bethany College, B.A., German, 2004
Delivering for Clients
“A strength I bring to my litigation practice is an in-depth understanding of how the courts work. I’ve seen firsthand how judges look at briefings before the court and have learned what makes for a good argument and what doesn’t.”
Detailed Practice Description
Before becoming an attorney, I gained experience and interest in healthcare, as an analyst for the Medical Board of California for eight years (January 2007 – March 2015). Working in the Enforcement Unit, I served as the subject matter expert on the California prohibition on the corporate practice of medicine, as well as acting as the complaint and discipline liaison to the Physician Assistant Board and Board of Podiatric Medicine. I analyzed, reviewed, and processed complaints, accusations, revocations, probationary licenses, and other administrative actions against Physician Assistants and Doctors of Podiatric Medicine. I bring to bear my previous knowledge along with my skill as an attorney to help clients navigate complicated healthcare regulations and investigations by licensing agencies, such as the Medical Board. I work to solve problems for clients so that they can get back to their important and vital work.
Honors and Experience
- Valedictorian (McGeorge)
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Kendall J. Newman and Hon. Carolyn K. Delaney, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, Sacramento, California (May 2017 – August 2019)
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Consuelo M. Callahan, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (March 2017 – May 2017)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Consuelo M. Callahan, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (August 2016 – November 2016)
- Roger J. Traynor California Appellate Moot Court Competition (2016) – Winning Team, Best Oral Argument, and Best Brief