ATTORNEYS AT LAW
J.M. Florentino came to Boutin Jones after serving as a corporate law summer associate with the firm and subsequently a judicial extern for the Honorable Troy L. Nunley of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California. He chose to practice law at Boutin Jones because of the strength of the firm’s corporate department. He developed a keen interest in business law in an unlikely place – serving in the Peace Corps in Ghana, West Africa. He served as an agriculture business advisor and helped local businesses thrive and lift the community.
At Boutin Jones, he works with businesses of all sizes and in different industries. He assists with the entire range of business transactions, including entity formations, asset purchases, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and general corporate matters.
“I was drawn to corporate law because I like helping business leaders achieve their goals. I enjoy advising companies on all sorts of matters and collaborating with others to make deals happen.”
I’m a lifelong Sacramentan, but really came to appreciate the region after spending two years in Ghana. I saw all the ways the area had changed and enjoyed rediscovering Sacramento. I’m hoping to see some of the positive changes extend to the Sacramento Kings soon.
- Performed due diligence and prepared closing documents in connection with the offer and sale by Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) of $750 million aggregate principal amount of its 3.875% Senior Notes due 2032.
- Revised confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements in connection with a proposed equity offering by a Sacramento-based company.
- Drafted stock purchase agreements for an investigative services provider.
- Assisted with entity formation and general corporate matters for a construction company.
- Performed due diligence and drafted corporate documents in connection with asset purchases involving automotive body repair shops and landscape maintenance companies.
- Assisted with the representation of an economics consulting firm specializing in agriculture and water resources in connection with the acquisition of a water economics company.
- Performed corporate clean-up for employment services companies by updating company bylaws, stock ledgers, and stock certificates and drafting corporate resolutions.
- Drafted documents in connection with a limited liability company membership interest transfer.
Honors and Activities
Graduated Top 5% of Class
Witkin Awards for Highest Grade in Three Subjects
UC Davis Law Review, Articles Editor
Professional Associations and Memberships
Sacramento County Bar Association
Sacramento Filipino American Lawyers Association