ATTORNEYS AT LAW
Albert G. Mendoza
Albert Mendoza joined Boutin Jones’ litigation team after serving as Deputy District Attorney in the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office. Shortly after starting with the D.A.’s Office, he was entrusted to serve as lead trial attorney in over a dozen cases, working diligently as a progressive prosecutor to find resolutions that served justice for victims, defendants, and the community. When alternative solutions were exhausted, he took cases to trial and had an overwhelmingly favorable conviction record in the cases he tried. His background in litigation also includes internships at the California Attorney General’s Office, Sacramento District Attorney’s Office, and in private practice as an employment litigator.
“I apply my background as a progressive prosecutor and as an employment litigator to now represent business and real estate clients in complex litigation. I search for creative resolutions to business disputes, but stand ready with an impressive trial record.”
I enjoy the outdoors, from playing tennis in McKinley Park, taking a run in downtown, or rediscovering and exploring the city, you can find me enjoying the sunlight.
- Entrusted by leadership team to be lead prosecuting attorney on nationally publicized hate crime case.
- Conducted 14 criminal cases with 12 resulting in convictions, a very high record of positive outcome at trial.
- Reviewed, investigated, and analyzed all evidence to determine filing of criminal cases.
- Negotiated cases, reviewed mitigation, provided offers, drafted and argued a wide range of motions, motions in limine and appeals, coordinated and interviewed witnesses for hearings and trials.
- Experience with employment litigation cases and preparation for civil trials.
Traynor Honor Society – The Order of Barristers – Dean’s Honor List, 2015 – 2018
Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Negotiation & Settlements
Recipient, Joseph E. Taylor Award for Excellence & Service, 2018
Chief Articles Editor, The University of the Pacific Law Review, Vol. 49
Former Member, Top Nationally Ranked McGeorge Mock Trial Team, 2016 – 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
Member, Sacramento County Bar Association’s Civil Litigation Section
Member, Cruz Reynoso Bar Association
Member, Metro EDGE
Fluent in Spanish