During my free time, I enjoy playing golf and other games with my family and friends. I am an avid golfer, and look forward to watching The Masters every April.
Theodore S. Wolter
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D.,
with great distinction, 2017
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2004
Delivering for Clients
“I am a litigator primarily focused on business and real property disputes. I seek to help clients solve problems in an efficient manner, recognizing that litigation is not always the first response to a legal issue.”
Real Property Disputes
- Multiple matters involving residential nondisclosure/fraud
- Quiet title actions
- Co-tenant disputes
- Easement disputes, including implied and prescriptive easements
- Agricultural lease disputes
- Aviation fuel dispute
- Security instrument disputes
- Contractor licensing and disgorgement of money paid to unlicensed contractors, specifically focused on Business and Professions Code section 7031
- Unfair Business Practices Act/Unfair Competition Law disputes, specifically focused on Business and Professions Code sections 17000, et seq., and Business and Professions Code sections 17200, et seq.
Detailed Practice Description
Ted Wolter is a litigator who has represented clients in a variety of matters including disputes involving real property, easements, business and private contracts, unfair competition and business practices, building contractor licensing, security instruments, aviation fuel, and public agencies.
Prior to joining Boutin Jones, Ted served as Chief of Staff to Sacramento County Supervisor Roberta MacGlashan, a position he held for 12 years after graduating from UC Berkeley. Ted’s experience with local agency process and procedure proves highly valuable when involved with litigation against public agencies. Ted is particularly skilled at crafting Public Records Act requests and understanding how elected officials respond to and address litigation matters.
In law school, Ted graduated fourth in his class, graduating with great distinction and earning the Order of the Coif.
- Co-Author, “You Want to Scrape My What?!?! Public LinkedIn User Profile Data can be Gathered and Used by Third Parties,” California Litigation Notebook, December 9, 2019.
- Quoted, “Mental Health Facility has Orangevale Residents Upset,” CBS 13, November 21, 2016
- Quoted, “Board of Supervisors Says Marijuana Cultivation is a Waste of Water,” Fox40, July 16, 2015
- Quoted, “County Declares Marijuana Cultivation Form of Water Waste,” KCRA, July 15, 2015
- Quoted, “Sacramento County Taxpayers on the Hook for Elections Office Mistakes,” Sacramento Bee, October 7, 2014
- Quoted, “Sacramento County Supervisors Back Limited Indoor Marijuana Cultivation,” Sacramento Bee, June 11, 2014
- Vice-Chair, California Highway Patrol Citizens’ Advisory Board
- Member, Board of Directors, Greater Sacramento Boys and Girls Club
- Member, Board of Directors, First Tee of Greater Sacramento
- Member, Fair Oaks Planning Commission/Community Planning Advisory Council