If I’m not working, I enjoy playing sports and being outdoors. I play basketball, softball and our family loves to go water skiing.
Brian P. Bowen
- Corporate and Securities
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2008
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Marketing Communications, 2001
- United States Tax Court
Delivering for Clients
“I help individuals and corporations analyze the best ways to minimize the tax situations they are facing. I also provide individuals and business entities with practical legal advice that will help them be successful.”
Detailed Practice Description
Brian Bowen’s practice includes individual, corporate, partnership and limited liability company matters, with particular focus on transactional income tax planning. He represents clients in taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions and business formations. Brian also works with clients on general estate planning issues, helping clients to minimize estate taxes, gift taxes and income taxes. In addition, he represents individuals and entities in the resolution of federal and state tax controversy issues including income tax, employment tax, sales and use tax and residency issues.
Listening to the client’s needs is so important. Sometimes lawyers structure deals based on what they think the client needs, but the interests and desires of the client should always be what drives a transaction.
Before becoming a lawyer, I was a salesman for a high end specialized wood products company. I was responsible for all sales in Jackson Hole, Durango, Crested Butte, Telluride, Sun Valley and Island Park. After working closely with retailers, contractors, home owners, and developers on high end construction projects, I can relate to the pressures involved in all aspects of a transaction.
October 16, 2017
- S Corporations and Buy-Sell Agreements: Avoiding the Inadvertent Creation of a Second Class of Stock
- Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010, Co-Author with James L. Leet
- Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyer, 2016 – 2018
- Law School Honors: graduated cum laude
- Northern California Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President-Elect and Board Member, Brigham Young University Management Society
- Board of Directors, Sacramento County Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Folsom Youth Sports Coach (Soccer, Basketball, and Baseball)
- Chartered Organization Representative, Boy Scout Troop 449