I’ve lived in small farming communities my whole life. I grew up in Napa, attended Chico State University for undergrad and now reside on a small piece of land in Yolo County. I enjoy and take a lot of pride in representing clients based in Northern California.
Ashley E. Connell
- Real Estate
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 2013
- California State University, Chico, B.A., International Relations, 2010
Delivering for Clients
“My transactional practice encompasses all facets of commercial real estate law.”
Acquisitions and Dispositions – Recent Transactions:
Disposition of a regional hospitality and tourism business to a real estate development and investment company.
Disposition of a regional West Coast wireless retailer to a national premium wireless retailer.
Disposition of four interior contractor and retailer companies to a private equity firm.
Disposition of a national specialty electrical contractor company to an international renewable energy company.
Acquisition of a locally-based international seed company by an international seed company.
Financings – Recent Transactions:
Finance counsel to Molina Healthcare, Inc. in connection with the company’s purchase of approximately $117 million of Medicare Advantage assets from Aetna Inc. and Humana Inc.
Private placement of $700 million aggregate principal amount of newly issued high yield senior notes.
Private exchange of $176.551 million aggregate principal amount of existing convertible senior notes for $176.551 million aggregate principal amount of newly issued convertible senior notes, shares of common stock and cash.
Private placement of $125 million aggregate principal amount of newly issued convertible senior notes.
$4.7 million debt restructuring of an existing convertible promissory note amount of newly issued convertible senior notes.
Detailed Practice Description
Ashley Connell practices commercial real estate and construction law, with a primary focus on commercial and agricultural real property acquisitions and dispositions, title and escrow work, real estate secured financings, commercial leasings and public and private construction projects.
- Law School: Graduated Order of the Coif, Anthony M. Kennedy Fellow, Top Student in Intellectual Property Law, Estate and Gift Tax Planning, Professional Responsibility, Constitutional Law I and Legal Research and Writing II
- Undergraduate Honors: Graduated summa cum laude, Highest Academic Achievement in International Relations, Honors in General Education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento
- Board Member, California State University, Chico Alumni Association (Sacramento Chapter)